Ohio Public Library District was formally formed in November 1987. Prior to this the library existed as Ohio Public Library. The move to a library district allowed the library to serve a larger population beyond Ohio Township. Ohio Township, and parts of East Grove, LaMoille, Dover, and Walnut Townships make up the district.

The library originated as a Women?s Club in 1936 and was originally housed in the school. In 1949, Ohio Public Library was officially formed by ballot measure and the library moved onto Main Street in Ohio. In 1959,the library moved into its current location.


Comments are closed.